History of the 65th Toronto (Earl of March's Own) Scout Group
18th of January 1910 - The 24th Toronto Scout Group was founded. The first Scoutmaster was Mr W. A. Campbell. W. M. Campbell was one of the first Scouts.
18th of January 1911 - The funeral of William J. Morrison, aged 12. A member of the 24th Toronto and of the Scout Troop of St Anne's.
6th of June 1911 - A farewell party is held for the Troop's second ever Scoutmaster Mr Max Kirkwood. He will be sailing to England for King George V's coronation as an Assistant Scoutmaster with the Ontario Scouts.
27th of October 1912 - The Troop receives a Royal Union Flag and a special flag bearing the emblem of the Earl of March. They are henceforth known as the "Earl of March's Own".
1952 - the 55th Toronto of Fern Avenue Public School merges into the 65th Toronto Scout Group